Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of the late great blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe. I’ve been doing makeup for quite sometime and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked to do the “Marilyn Monroe look”. It’s a beautiful,classic makeup look that any woman can wear and below I have 6 easy steps for you to get The Look!
1. Start with a oil free liquid foundation, one that leaves the skin with a matte finish. If you don’t have liquid powder foundation is a great option!
2. Tweeze stray hairs from your brow area , for a super clean brow shape. Then use a eyebrow pencil the color of your hair, or as close to your hair color as possible, and begin to fill in your brows. This will give a perfectly sculpted brow.
3. Next apply matte eyeshadow with a stiff eyeshadow makeup brush. Pack the color into the eyelid from lash line to crease . Next use a blending brush and a soft brown or grey eyeshadow blend into your crease. This will add warmth to the crease and will make your eyes appear larger.
4. Grab your favorite liquid or cream eyeliner, I prefer liquid and begin to draw the liquid eyeliner along your lash line winging out at the corner. Be careful not to create a thick line, if you want the line thicker add more, but start off thin because liquid eyeliner can be very hard to remove.
5. Add a lengthening mascara to add the most length and volume to your eyelashes but the goal is for the lashes to look long and sexy (just like Marilyn’s), or add a few false lashes to give more glamour.
6. Lips- Marilyn always wore a matte red lipstick. It’s the best lip color to wear with this makeup look and that is what makes the look so classic! Use a red lip liner and line the outer parameters of your lips. Next use a lip brush and paint your favorite matte red lipstick into your lips blending the lip liner and lipstick together.
Alright now get busy doing your Classic Marilyn Monroe looks and post comments, and pics of your look!
Love and Lipstick!